“Fashion changes, but style endures”- Coco Chanel
Paris has without question, been at the forefront of sophistication and style for hundreds of years. When we think of Parisians, we automatically think of their impeccable fashion sense and effortless ‘chic’.
With the iconic Paris Fashion Week Prêt-à-Porter shows set to take place between September 24th and October 2nd, at Hosted Villas we’ve spent some time thinking about our absolute favourite places to shop or ‘faire du lèche-vitrine‘ (window shop) when we find ourselves in “La Ville Lumière”.
- 3rd-4th Arrondissement: Le Marais is one of Paris’ oldest and most visually stunning quarters with unique boutiques and vintage stores, and is undoubtedly our favourite shopping destination in Paris. Narrow streets with medieval and Renaissance-era architecture make this district one of the most elegant and aristocratic in the city. Le Marais is also a fantastic spot for avid antique and those shopping for unique objects d’arts.
- 6th-7th Arrondissement: Across the river is the renowned Left Bank, an area that features beautiful streets such as Rue de Grenelle, home to Yves Saint Laurent, Prada, Maison Martin, Margiela and exquisite shoe shops including Sergio Rossi. The department store Le Bon Marché, in Saint Germain is also an incredible place for all things specialty and elegant. Be sure to wander the impressive luxury food store on site!
- 8th Arrondissement: Avenue Montaigne (at the east end of the Champs-Élysées) is La Grande Dame of Paris streets for high fashion, accessories and fashion empires. Here you’ll find the houses of Chanel, Christian Dior, Prada, Chloé, Valentino, Givenchy and Balenciaga.
- 8th Arrondissement: Faubourg Saint-Honoré is widely recognized as the Haute Couture street in Paris, due to the presence of almost every couture fashion house in Europe. You’ll find the biggest names here including Lanvin, Salvatore Ferragamo, Versace and Hermès.
- 8th-9th Arrondissement: For fantastic department stores visit either the Left or Right Bank. On Boulevard Haussman you’ll find two of the most well known department stores in Paris, Printemps and Galeries Lafayette.
Why not plan a tailor made shopping weekend in Paris with your friends? At Hosted Villas our luxurious Parisian apartments put you at the doorstep of the French capital’s shopping enclaves, latest boutiques and elite labels. Let our Local Hosts introduce you to an unparalleled escape that is all about style, elegance and sophistication.
Live like a local – be seen, be ‘chic’ and escape to the ‘City of Lights‘!
Please contact one of our Villa Specialists today to discuss your tailor made dream vacation in Paris!